Note: All in-person lunchtime meetings through the end of April are moved to virtual meetings due to COVID-19
OUR DEFINING STATEMENT
Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to improving the world, one child and one community at a time.
KIWANIS CLUB OF ASHEVILLE MOTTO
“To offer service and leadership opportunities to those who desire to serve the needs of children, youth and adults in our local community.”
THE SIX OBJECTS OF KIWANIS
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business and professional standards.
- To develop by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic services, and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism, which makes possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and good will.
WHEN AND WHERE WE MEET
We meet each Tuesday (except for the final Tuesday of the month) at 12:00 p.m. in the fellowship hall at St. Mark’s Lutheran Church
10 N. Liberty Street (corner of Merrimon Ave. and East Chestnut St.) in Asheville.
Guests are always welcome!
12:00 to 1:00pm: Lunch, meet guests, announcements, reports, “happy pig,” etc.
1:00 to 1:30pm: The Program: informative, entertaining, timely; ends at 1:30 pm sharp
We also have an evening club, Kiwanis One, which meets on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month from 5:30-7pm at different venues around town. Join our Facebook page for up-to-date information.
Check out our Facebook Page for the latest events, meetings, speakers, etc., including to learn about our evening Kiwanis One meetings.
Review a list of our main events and programs.
Sign up for our weekly Skywanian newsletter.